Mark your calendar for National Friends of the Library Week, Monday, October 22 – Saturday, October 27. We’ll be wishing a Happy 80th Birthday to our own dedicated Friends of the Berkshire Athenaeum with a variety of activities:
- Monday, October 22: Free cookies!
- Tuesday, October 23: Half Price Library Store Items and a Special Free Evening Program
- Wednesday, October 24: Half Price Friends’ Membership and a Free item with every Membership sign up.
- Thursday, October 25: The Friends Annual General Meeting at 3 pm and an 80th Birthday Cake
- Friday, October 26: Free cookies!
- Saturday, October 27: Pumpkin carving
Who are the Friends and what do they do?
The Friends are an all-volunteer organization that raise money to support so many library services which would otherwise not be possible. From the Children’s Summer Reading Program to Ukuleles for Loan; copies of bestselling book titles to updated technology; an aquarium for the Children’s Library and Electronic Bulletin Boards at library entrances; cultural, musical and educational programs for adults and landscaping on the library grounds; and so much more. And, of course, those wonderful book sales (Next Book Sale: Thursday, November 8 – Saturday, November 10) which provide great shopping opportunities and raise the funds to support it all.
How can you help?
Join the Friends. Membership starts for as little as $10. Membership benefits include entry to the Friends only day at book sales and discounts on Friends merchandise.
Volunteer to help with tasks that are comfortable to you. Let the Friends know you can assist by contacting them (413) 400-9480 x150 or firstname.lastname@example.org