In need of an out-of-the-ordinary gift? On display in the Blake Reading Room on the Athenaeum’s main floor are various Berkshire County historical titles that have been reprinted for use by modern students and researchers. Many of these volumes had been out of print for decades before being republished by The Berkshire Family History Association. In the course of republishing, complete name indexes were created for most of the volumes.
For the holiday season, copies of all of these books are available for purchase at the Local History Department of the Berkshire Athenaeum. All proceeds from the sale of these books will benefit the Library. Inquiries should be addressed to the Local History Department of the Library at 499-9480 x6.
Books on display with the cost of the reprint are:
- The History of Pittsfield (1844/2001) by David Field $15.00
- A Guide to Berkshire County Cemeteries (1988) $10.00
- History of the Town of Washington (1918/1992) by Crane & Thompson $22.50
- History of the Town of Lanesboro (1905/1994) by Charles Palmer $25.00
- History of Lenox and Richmond (1904/1994) by Charles Palmer $7.50
- The Western Boundary of Massachusetts: a study of Indian and Colonial History (1886/1994) by Franklin L. Pope $7.50
- History of West Stockbridge 1774-1974 (1976/1990) by Edna B. Garnett $12.00
- Taking the High Road (Savoy History pub. 1997) by Jane Phinney $18.00