The Berkshire Athenaeum, as part of the CWMARS automated network, is scheduled for an upgrade Veterans Day Weekend; certain aspects of our system will be unavailable from 5:30 pm on Friday, November 8th, until 8:30 am on Tuesday, November 12th.
Here is a breakdown of what to expect during this period.
- Patrons will need to present their library card to check out any library item. This includes library laptops and headphones.
- Patrons who want to renew items will have to call or visit the library with the item or the item’s barcode number as well as their library card.
- Patrons will need their library card or library card number to reserve and to access our computers.
- Staff will not be able to issue new or replacement cards.
- Patrons can return items, which will be checked in but not be removed from their record until Tuesday morning.
- Multi-part items (audiobooks/movies/kits/books with a CD or cassette) will not be checked in.
- Payment for any overdue fines or replacement costs cannot be processed.
- Food for fines will be accepted. Staff will note patron’s name, phone number and library card. Fines will be removed from the patron’s record on Tuesday morning.
- Patrons will not be charged fines for items returned during this down time unless the item was due before Saturday, November 9.
- Requested hold items that arrived before the down time and having “ready for pick up” status can be checked out.
- Patrons will not be able to place any holds.
- Patrons will be able to access their online accounts but transactions during this period will not be reflected.
- The online catalog will be available in a “frozen” status. An item checked out during the down time will not reflect the “checked out” status.
- Internet access will be available.
- WiFi service will be available.
- The online Museum Pass Reservation Program will be available.
We appreciate your patience.