Children who know certain words by a certain age are more likely to succeed in life. Pittsfield Promise’s Word of the Day (WOD) project will help children learn some of those words during the summer when most kids aren’t thinking about learning.
Helping kids learn the WOD is simple: find it, speak it, show it.
- Find the date on the WOD calendar.
- Introduce the WOD to kids at home or work.
- Ask them if they know the WOD; use their answers to define it; and use it in a sentence.
- Then use the WOD in sentences throughout the course of the day.
- Post the WOD or WOD Calendar on your blackboards, bulletin boards, marquees, storefront windows, reception desks, Facebook pages, websites.
- Talk it up with everyone!