The Friends of the Berkshire Athenaeum, in observance of their 75th Anniversary, announce a Photo Competition. Contest opens June 1, 2013; all entries must be submitted by September 30, 2013. Images submitted must pertain to the Berkshire Athenaeum; exterior and interior photos are acceptable.
The Friends of the Berkshire Athenaeum Photo competition to celebrate the Friends’ 75th Anniversary is open to anyone. There is no entry fee.
1. Monetary awards will be given to first, second and third place in the amount of $100, $50 and $25 respectively. The winning photographs will be displayed at the library. Non-monetary awards of Honorable Mention will also be given.
2. The images submitted must pertain to the Berkshire Athenaeum, 1 Wendell Ave Pittsfield, MA. Exterior or interior photos are acceptable.
3. All images must be in digital format. All images should be taken with a three megapixel (or better) camera set at high resolution.
4. You may submit up to three images via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave at the circulation desk on CD or memory card or USB flashdrive. (Note that CDs, memory cards or USB flashdrives will be returned only if accompanied by a self-addressed, stamped mailer).
5. Provide the following information with your entry
a. Your name
b. Email address
c. Mailing address
d. Phone number
6. All entries must be received by midnight September 30, 2013.
7. The judges are Friends Executive Committee members.
8. Winners will be notified during the week of October 28, 2013.
9. By entering this competition you give the Friends of the Berkshire Athenaeum permission to reproduce your photographs in connection with the activities and publicity of the Friends, including display on the Berkshire Athenaeum’s internet site and in the building. The copyright, however, remains with the photographer and the photographer will receive credit when his/her photograph is used.
Need a little brush up on using your Digital camera? Consider joining us for a 3-part Brown Bag series on Digital Photography: June 5, 12 & 19. Bring your lunch & we’ll provide beverages & dessert!